CALGARY PUBLIC LIBRARY
Wednesday, October 17
9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
616 Macleod Trail SE
Join us from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Central Library on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 for Law Connect 2012.
- LEGAL RESOURCES FAIR (11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
Learn what’s available in the community, connect and ask questions of over 25 community legal service organizations.
- CAREER CONVERSATIONS (11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.) NEW for 2012!
Meet one-on-one with a variety of legal professionals to learn more about their careers.
- NON-GOVERNMENT AFFIDAVIT ID SUPPORT CLINIC (9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- EDUCATIONAL FILMS (12:00 to 1:00 p.m.)
Learn about “what to do in court” for civil claims, foreclosure matters and landlord and tenant disputes.
- LEGAL GROUNDS ADVICE CLINIC (9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
Receive free legal advice from volunteers lawyers in a private setting. By appointment only. Registration deadline Oct 12.
Law Connect 2012 is a partnership between the Calgary Public Library and Pro Bono Law Alberta, Calgary Legal Guidance, Norton Rose (which provides the team of lawyers) and the Canadian Bar Association Alberta Branch.