Have you ever been curious about what books are the most popular at the Library? Want to know what other Calgary Public Library customers are reading? Well I am here to satisfy your curiosity and share with you the Top 10 Adult Fiction Titles currently circulating at Calgary Public Library. Starting with the most popular the list is:
- The Racketeer by John Grisham - A legal thriller that follows detective Malcolm Bannister as he investigates the death of a federal judge. Full of twists and surprises, this fast paced novel has thrilled CPL readers who are checking the book out more that any other fiction title in the system.
- The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter is a hard act to follow, but JK Rowling introduces a new cast of characters that occupy the small English town of Pagford. In the picturesque town not all is as it seems.
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - A mystery about a marriage gone wrong. On the fifth wedding anniversary of Amy and Nick, Amy disappears. Everyone, including many CPL readers, have picked up the book and found out what happened to Amy.
- 419 by Will Ferguson - The winner of the 2012 Giller Prize, the novel follows Laura Curtis from her quiet life in Calgary as she embarks on a mission to understand the death of her father. Her journey's take her into the dangerous world of Internet scams.
- The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult - Powerhouse writer, Picoult's latest novel tackles the holocaust and looks at what it means to be good or evil and whether evil can or should be forgiven.
- Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James - Some love this book, others hate it, but clearly it's been a popular read here at the Library. The erotic novel about Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey continues to draw readers and interest making in to number six on the list.
- Winter of the World by Ken Follett - Historical fiction at it's best, or a least most popular, Winter of the World is book two in Ken Follett's Century Trilogy. If the popularity of this book indicates anything it's that the third book should show up in the top ten list after it's release.
- A Wanted Man by Lee Child - Jack Reacher is back in the latest installment in Lee Child's thriller series. All seventeen of the Jack Reacher novels remain popular with CPL customers.
- Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich - Stephanie Plum is at it again in Notorious Nineteen. While Stephanie is notorious for finding trouble, she may have found a little more than she bargained for this time around.
- The Forgotten by David Baldacci - Army Special Agent John Puller is back and investigating his most personal case to date. This case takes Puller to Paradise, Florida where his aunt has been found dead.
If you are looking for a great read, why not take it from other CPL customers and check out one of these books. Copies are currently available for a number of these titles, (only numbers 3, 4 and 5 have hold lists!) so get your hands on one of these books today.